MIMWOOD aims to develop a SYSTEM of TECHNOLOGICAL SURVEILLANCE for innovative materials for the wood and furniture sector, which demand new skills, not only in the field of lifelong learning, forcing a constant and continuous update (C-VET linked), but also for the teachers and students of vocational training. All users, teachers, students, co-workers need to have updated knowledge and skills on the properties and specific characteristics of innovative materials used in wood- and furniture manufacturing, as well as the aspects of these material that allow to determine its applicability in the development of new products.
This project aims to develop a tool (digital era) that will provide structured and targeted information on the evolution of innovative materials at an international level. This tool will be available for students and teachers. The aspects related to the selection of the material depending on the properties, use and demand will also be taken into consideration. Both the students and teachers will be stimulated to use the tool for all its innovative aspects, and for its usefulness in the development of new products. For the training aspects concerning the use of (related) materials, there will be the aspect of more ‘usual’ materials, but the focus will be more on the new materials, requiring a continuous updating and training. Together with the production sector there will be an evaluation of the system, based on their demands and point of view.
The MIMWOOD project therefor aims:
- To facilitate the use and accessibility of this information and to elaborate an online tool that can be used in the VET centers; with the scope to distribute the information, to analyze the information, and to select the ideal material(s) depending of the product, the required properties and the possibilities.
- To provide a new and innovative methodology in the VET centres by providing the teachers with an online tool, that will facilitate the updating of their knowledge of innovative materials, it will also help to familiarize the students with research methodologies and analysis of the capacity of use of these materials and their possibility of use in the development of new products.
- To provide the knowledge and tools to generate technological surveillance systems in VET centres, which will allow teachers and students to acquire up-to-date information about new materials, applied in the in the wood and furniture sector, as well as information about other products, derived from wood, and other materials, which can give an innovative character in to the finished products.
- To create an online tool, that will facilitate the updating of both teachers and students and their knowledge on these new materials.
- To work with methodologies for research and analysis on the capacity of using these materials, which usually are not available or used within the VET-centres.
- To generate a mentality of innovation at the VET centres that both, teachers and students can assimilate. This is to be done by producing products with innovative materials.
- To facilitate the transition for the European youth from school to work in a European context.